Admissions Criteria and Application Materials
- Howard University Online Application accompanied by the non-refundable application fee of $75. (Upload unofficial transcript(s), letters of recommendation and employee verification. Mail official transcript(s), letters and employee verification to the Office of Graduate Programs – see mailing address below.)
- One (1) official transcript from each undergraduate institution attended. q Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) results should be forwarded from the Educational Testing Service. Code for Standardized Test Scores: 5297
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) results for international students for whom English is not their native language should be forwarded from the Educational Testing Service. (A minimum score of 550 on the written exam and 213 on the computer-based exam is required for admission.) International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is also accepted for international students. (A minimum score of 6.0-6.5 on the exam is required for admission.)
- Personal Statement. Applicants should provide a Personal Statement that describes the uniqueness of his/her character, abilities, issues of diversity, academic history, community service activities, and professional experience. Additionally, the Statement should discuss the applicant’s interest in the Howard University MBA program (HU MBA) and how completing the HU MBA will facilitate realizing his/her dreams and aspirations.
- Two (2) “Letters of Recommendation” that address a candidate’s intellectual and personal capabilities. Topics should cover personal integrity; ability to work with others; leadership qualities; oral and written communications skills; and community involvement. Letters should be completed by a supervisor, a member of academia, and someone who can attest to these capabilities. All letters must be on letterhead, signed, and placed in individual sealed envelopes and signature of recommender on the seal.
- Current Resume. (A minimum of two-years relevant work experience after completion of the undergraduate degree is required.) q Documentation from employer(s) indicating two-years of full-time relevant work experience.