Yuvay Meyers Ferguson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Department Chair
Dr. Yuvay Meyers Ferguson is an Associate Professor and the Department Chairperson in the Department of Marketing at Howard University’s School of Business. She teaches Marketing Communications, Consumer Behavior, and Brand Management at the University. Dr. Ferguson graduated with honors from Howard University with a Bachelors degree in International Business Marketing and then went on to American University to obtain a Masters Degree in Public Communications. Before returning to graduate school, she worked in advertising for a couple of years with clients such as the American Red Cross and BellSouth. Dr. Ferguson completed her Ph.D. in Advertising at the University of Texas at Austin. Her research interests focus on representation of Blacks and Millenials in advertising and their consumer behavior in the marketplace.
Dr. Ferguson is an active member of her community and a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. She and her husband, John Ferguson, live in Washington, DC with their daughters, Madelyn Victoria and Olivia Christine. John is the Director of Human Resources for Monumental Sports and Entertainment, Parent Company of the NBA’s Washington Wizard.
Areas of expertise
- Consumer Behavior - Understanding Blacks in the Marketplace
- Consumer Behavior - Understanding Millenials in the Marketplace
- Multicultural Advertising
- Ph.D., Advertising, The University of Texas, Austin, Texas, 2008
- M.A., Strategic Communication, American University, Washington DC, 2004
- B.B.A., International Business Marketing, Howard University, Washington DC, 2003
- Marketing Communications
- Consumer Behavior
- Brand Management
- Morgan, Allison, Yuvay Meyers Ferguson and Eileen Trauth (2015), "Consumer Demographics and Internet Based Health Information Search in the United States: The Intersectionality of Gender, Race, and Class, International Journal of E-Health and Medical Communications, 6(1), 58-72, January-March 2015
- Oliver, Sheryl C., Rochelle L. Ford, Ph.D., and Yuvay J. Meyers, (2014). Corporate Social Responsibility: Ensuring Supplier Diversity in the Advertising, Business Studies JournaL, Vol.6 pp. 121 - 130
- Guillaume D. Johnson, Yuvay J. Meyers, Jerome D. Williams (2013). Immigrants Versus Nationals: When an Intercultural Service Encounter Failure Turns to Verbal Confrontation. Journal of Public Policy & Marketing: Vol. 32, No. special issue, pp. 38-47.
- Way, Danielle and Yuvay Jeanine Meyers (2013), Uncertainty and Risk: Purchasing and Acquiring Goods for Newly Adopted Children", Consumption Markets and Culture Vol. 14 No. 1. , pp.79 - 88
- Meyers, Yuvay Jeanine and Allison J. Morgan (2013), Targeted Marketing and the African-American Millennial Consumers", Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing. Vol. 7 No. 1, pp. 6-17