Wen Gong, Ph.D.
Wen Gong is an associate professor of marketing in School of Business at Howard University. Her research interests are in the areas of Internet marketing and advertising, social media marketing, cross-cultural consumer behavior, and international marketing. Dr. Gong has published in many journals including Journal of Advertising Research, International Marketing Review, Journal of Macro Marketing, Journal of Asia-Pacific Marketing and Logistics, International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising, Journal of Asia Business Studies, International Journal of Electronic Business, Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, International Journal of Technology Marketing, Business Horizons, Cross-culture Management: An International Journal, and Journal of American Academy of Business. Dr. Gong has attended and presented papers in numerous national and international academic conferences including American Marketing Association, American Academy of Advertising Asia-Pacific Conference, World Marketing Congress, European Advertising Academy International Conference on Research in Advertising, Academy of Marketing Science Cultural Perspectives on Marketing Conference, World Business Congress, International Business and Economy Conference, and Administrative Sciences Association of Canada Conference. Dr. Gong holds a bachelor's degree from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, a master's degree from the University of International Business and Economics, and a doctorate from George Washington University. Her email address is: email@example.com.
Areas of expertise
- Cross-cultural consumer behavior
- Ph.D. Marketing, The George Washington University, 2001
- Principles of Marketing
- Marketing Management (Graduate)
- Marketing Research (Undergraduate)
- Marketing Research (Graduate)
- Consumer Behavior
- Stump, Rodney L. and Wen Gong (2017), Social Networking Sites: An Exploration of the Effect of National Cultural Dimensions on Country Adoption Rates", International Journal of Electronic Business, v13n2/3, p117-142.
- Gong, Wen and Rodney L. Stump (2016), Cultural Values Reflected in the Adoption of Social Networking Sites", International Journal of Technology Marketing, v11n3, p 360-378.
- Gong, Wen, Rodney L. Stump and Zhan G. Li (2014), Global Use and Access of Social Networking Websites: A National Culture Perspective," Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, v8n1, p37-55.
- Gong, Wen (2013), Factors Influencing Perceptions toward Social Networking Websites in China," International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising, v8n1, p54 - 68.
- Gong, Wen, Rodney L. Stump and Lynda M. Maddox (2013), Factors Influencing Consumers' Online Shopping in China," Journal of Asia Business Studies, v7n3, p214-230.
- Gong, Wen, Lynda M. Maddox and Rodney L. Stump (2012), Attitudes toward Online Shopping: A Comparison of Online Consumers in China and the US," International Journal of E-Business Development, v2n1, pp. 28-35.
- Stump, L. Rodney, Wen Gong and Cristian Chelariu (2010), National Culture and National Adoption and Use of Mobile Telephony," International Journal of Electronic Business, v8n4/5, pp. 433-455.